§ 1 Information about the collection of personal data
(1) This document is to inform you about the collection of personal data when using our website. Personal data is all data pertaining to an individual, such as name, address, e-mail addresses, or user behavior.
(2) The controller, pursuant to Art. 4 Clause 7 EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), is THIE – Tea & Herbal Infusions Europe, Sonninstraße 28, 20097 Hamburg, Germany; E-Mail: email@example.com
(3) When contacting us via e-mail or via a contact form, the data you communicate (your e-mail address and, if applicable, your name) will be stored by us so as to enable us to answer your questions. Further information is provided on a voluntary basis and merely serves to facilitate our contact to answer your query. All data collected in this context will be deleted as soon as it is no longer required. If legal archiving duties apply, we will restrict processing.
(4) Any circumstances under which we commission processors to execute individual functions of our offer or might wish to use your data for commercial purposes are described in detail below. We will also indicate the stipulated archiving periods.
§ 2 Your rights
(1) With regard to your personal data, you have the following rights:
- right of information
- right of rectification or erasure
- right of restricted processing
- right of objection against processing
- right of data portability
(2) In addition, you are entitled to file a complaint with a data protection authority concerning our processing of your personal data.
§ 3 Collection of personal data when visiting our website
(1) If you visit our website for information purposes only, i.e., if you don't register or otherwise submit information to us, we will only collect the personal data your browser transfers to our server. If you wish to view our website, we collect the data detailed below. This is technically required for you to be able to view our website and to safeguard its stability and security (legal basis: Art. 6 Clause 1 p. 1 lit. f GDPR):
- IP address
- date and time of your request
- time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- content of query (page)
- status of access / HTTP status code
- transferred data volume
- website issuing the request
- operating system and surface
- language and version of browser software
(2) In addition to the aforementioned data, cookies will be stored on your computer when using our website. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your hard disk and allocated to your browser. They transfer certain information to the originator of the cookie (in this case, us). Cookies cannot execute programs or place viruses on your computer. Their purpose is to render our Internet service more user-friendly and more effective.
a) This website uses the following types of cookies, whose scope and functions are explained below:
- transient cookies (cf. b)
- persistent cookies (cf. c).
b) Transient cookies will be automatically deleted when you close your browser. These include session cookies. Session cookies store the session ID, which serves to allocate various requests your browser issues during a session. They enable recognition of your computer upon your next visit to our website. Session cookies will be deleted as soon as you log off or close the browser.
c) Persistent cookies will be automatically deleted after a given time period, which may vary, depending on the cookie. You can delete cookies at any time via your browser’s security settings.
d) You can configure your browser settings according to your preferences. For example, you can reject all or third-party cookies. Please note that, in this event, you may not be able to access all functions of this website.
§ 4 Other website functions and offers
(1) In addition to providing you with information, our website offers various services. To use these services, you will, generally, have to enter additional personal data as required for us to provide the respective services. This data is also subject to the aforementioned data processing principles.
(2) We sometimes use third-party service providers to process your data. We carefully select such providers, they are bound to our instructions, and they are monitored on a regular basis.
(3) We may also transfer your personal data to third parties if promotional activities, prize competitions, contract conclusions, or other services are offered jointly with our partners. You will receive detailed information upon entering your personal data or in the description of the respective offers below.
(4) If our service providers or partners are headquartered outside the EEA (European Economic Area), you will be informed of the consequences in the description of the respective offers.
§ 5 Objection to or revocation of consent to the processing of your data
(1) You are free to withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data at any time. Such revocation will impact the reliability of the processing of your personal data once it has been issued to us.
(2) To the extent that the processing of your personal data is based on the balancing of interests, you may object to the processing. This is the case if the processing is not required to execute a contract we may have with you. Please refer to the descriptions of the respective functions below for details. Should you object to the processing of your personal data, please indicate the reasons why you do not wish for your personal data to be processed as commonly practiced by us. In the event of your justified objections, we will examine the situation and will either discontinue/adapt the processing of your personal data or explain our compelling and justified reasons why we will continue to process your personal data.
(3) As a matter of course, you may object to the processing of your personal data for advertising and data analysis purposes at any time. To object to the processing of your personal data for advertising purposes, please contact us at THIE – Tea & Herbal Infusions Europe, Sonninstraße 28, 20097 Hamburg, Germany; E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; Tel.: 040 – 23 60 16 21.